Friday, August 24, 2012

School Days!

 
It was a big week in the Eddins household!  Mike started his full fall semester on Monday and Lila started preschool on Thursday!  We were able to attend a "get acquainted" hour on Tuesday, so we packed up her backpack with all her supplies and Mom and Lila headed off to All Saints to begin the process of our little girl heading to school! 

 
Preschool Princess!
 
 
She trotted right into school with her backpack!  She was so excited to be there and couldn't wait to play with all the toys, meet her teachers and get to know her classmates!  We spent about 40 minutes in her preschool room and then made our way to the childcare area.  We have her in the 2 day preschool program which means she will do childcare in the morning and afternoon with preschool mid-morning.  The other three days she will be at our in-home provider, this way she truly gets the best of both worlds!
 
After checking out school we loaded up in the car and headed towards daycare.  Lila and I were talking about how much fun she had and she then told me she didn't want to do a 1/2 day on Thursday as we originally planned, she wanted to go and spend all day there.  I couldn't believe it!  I thought for sure she would be more inclined to ease into all of this much more slowly!  I told her I was fine with that, but was fully expecting her to tell me on Thursday that she wanted me to pick her up before lunch and take her back to her in-home daycare...I was wrong!
 
Thursday morning we woke up and got all ready to go and she was beaming with excitement!  Mom was a bit nervous, but also very excited for her!  We sent Daddy off with hugs and kisses and we headed towards school!  We got there and got her backpack situated and we were headed across the parking lot towards school.  All the while a voice inside my head was asking, "How did we get here?!  Wasn't she just born?!"  She strolled into the childcare door, placed her backpack on her special hook and as she looked up there was one of her good friends, Dylan!  He stopped by quickly to say, "hi" and welcome Lila to his school!  It was super sweet!  They gave each other a hug and then Lila started to walk away from me to go play with everyone and the toys...um, wait!!!  I said, "Lila!  Can you give me a hug and a kiss goodbye?!"  "Oh, okay," she said!  She gave me a hug and a kiss and off she went.  That was it.  No tears, there wasn't any pleading to have me stay, nothing!  As nervous as I was about all of it, my fears melted away as I saw her walk across the room taking the whole thing in stride!  I won't lie and tell you that as I got to my car I didn't have some tears welled up in my eyes, but all in all it was a much different experience than I could have ever imagined!  As heavy as my heart was that she was growing up and entering this stage in her life...I was SO PROUD!  What an amazing little girl that we have and how amazing that everything has just fallen into place?!  It was a long day anticipating how everything with, but it was finally time to pick her up and she couldn't wait to tell us about her day and share her artwork with Mike and I when we got home! 

 
Scholars!

This is just the beginning of so many things for both Mike and Lila, and for me as I go along on this journey with both of them, all three of us are excited to see where it leads! 

1 comment:

D Nelson said...

Way to go, all of you! Thanks for sharing this wonderful beginning for both your scholars! Love you all.